The smart way to finance your business property
When you’re purchasing a commercial property the rules of standard mortgages change and lenders have all kinds of stipulations about what they’ll lend on and what they won’t.
Did you know:
- Lenders won’t usually lend on untenanted premises, whether that’s a shop, office or HMO.
- A HMO is not necessarily classified as commercial premises.
- Even if a HMO qualifies as commercial premises lenders may be reluctant to lend based on potential income
Fortunately, there are alternative ways to finance your commercial property and you can rely on our wealth of knowledge on the best solution for your specific situation.
What is a Commercial Mortgage?
A Commercial Mortgage is often thought of as a loan taken out and secured against a business property such as an office, a hotel, warehouse or café as an example, however, it’s important to remember lenders will consider many types of property investment business, including residential investment property, often referred to as Specialist Buy to Let.
We have relationships with many different lenders enabling us to provide for a wide range of lending types such as:
- Trading Businesses (leisure, retail and industrial)
- Semi commercial (such as a shop with a flat above)
- A Mixed property portfolio
- A standard commercial property
- A single residential property
- Multiple units on one title
- *HMO/Student Lets – Investment Valuation/Brick and Mortar valuation
- Portfolio finance
- A Block/Blocks of flats
*HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupation) is a property that is shared by three or more tenants who are not members of the same family. Depending on the exact type of HMO some landlords must have a licence from the local council.
Who are Commercial Mortgages aimed at?
Commercial Mortgages are usually aimed at businesses or individuals looking to purchase property to trade from, this type of finance can also assist when the mainstream buy-to-let lenders can’t. Investors and developers who cannot go down the traditional mortgage route as they may have requirements for a more specific lending option.
What is the criteria for a Commercial Mortgage?
Ultimately, the product criteria for commercial mortgages is not normally as rigid as some, more traditional, residential loans, each case is assessed individually and a solution recommended according to the circumstances.
We may be able to offer the following solutions:
- Commercial investment, trading business and residential investment (Specialist BTL)
- Market leading rates
- Interest only options
- Loans from £25,000 with no maximum
- Up to 100% LTV (with additional security)
- Bespoke solutions for complex cases
- Fixed and variable rates
- Flexible underwriting approach in relation to adverse
- All types of unusual property and borrower options
- No upfront fees
How do we deliver our services for a Commercial Mortgage?
It doesn’t need to be a daunting process for you, we provide the specialist advice required to ensure the right solution is recommended for you, we will work with you to get the right product or service in place. We also work with specialist packagers and Master Brokers who have particular skills and expertise in a number of areas and we may call on them for their assistance if we feel this would deliver the best solution for you.
If you have a complex case that needs discussing simply call us on 01206 586580 or email: email@example.com